Thursday, January 19, 2012

Syrup or Syrup?

So, how do you say it? Syrup (seer-up) or Syrup (sur-up)? Now, this is a cause that I am very opinionated about. When people ask for the sur-rup, I refuse to pass them the sweet sugary goodness! Why? Because to me they said it wrong! I refuse them the right to what they think they asked for because in my mind, my way is better! Not just better, but the only real way of saying syrup!
But the real question shouldn't be: "Why doesn't he just pass me the syrup?"
It should really be "Why does he care so much that he denies me the syrup because I don't say it like him?"
So, are my actions just in denying someone, who clearly believes contrary to my beliefs on this topic, the blessing of having syrup on their french toast (or whatever this breakfast may be)? Not at all!
We can all be guilty of holding back the syrup in one way or another in life because someone thinks, acts, looks, talks, or IS different in any way. What right does anyone have to withhold anything from someone just because the way they are is different to how you know it is!

Christ taught us to love one another countless times in the scriptures, and we need to show our love for our Brothers and Sisters, our fellow man, by passing the syrup, even though they say it wrong! In the end, you are both happily eating your breakfast together rather than arguing! Take the win-win every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment